Inspirational Thoughts


Strength is nothing more than how we hide the pain

Every one wants happiness no one wants pain, but in order to see the rainbow, you must go through the rain

Judge your success by what you had to give up to get it.

Keep Moving Forward!!!! Walt Disney

And in the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for Tomorrow

It is not the length of life, but the depth of life. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes the best memories are those you have yet to create

Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but of the life long attempt to acquire it

Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed

You can't do hurdles, if you REFUSE to JUMP!

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, YOU WILL LAND AMONG THE STARS!!!

THE ONLY THING IN LIFE ACHIEVED WITHOUT EFFORT IS FAILURE!!!

Don't let the negative people have the most IMPACT in your life!

NEVER give up on anyone...Miracles happen EVERYDAY!!!



Friday, April 13, 2012

Remember Kindergarten Cop????

Honest, trustworthy, don’t sugar coat anything, etc…That is what we, as parents, decided we would be to our children, if ever confronted with a “serious” question. Well, time just arrived Tuesday, April 10th, for Colin’s first series of serious questions, and now from firsthand experience, a mother is never truly ready for this; no matter how prepared you feel you may be, here’s my story…

We have been going to quite a few baby showers these past several months, and when we would go to one, and then have the next, the baby from the previous shower was here. So I believe this is where these questions were stemmed…until later…

Let’s begin…

Colin: Mom, How do the babies come out of the mommies’ tummies?

Me: Well, the doctor’s help the mommies have the babies…

Colin: How?

Me: (must call the hubby, find out how to proceed…his response tell him the truth, Alrighty Then) Honey, you know how boys have a penis, well girls have a vagina. (Whoosh, I spat that out), and when mommies go into labor, the babies come out of the vagina, and the doctors are there to help.

SILENCE

So since the silence is taking place, I ASSUME he was satisfied with that answer and we could go on to the baby shower and call it a day…well, unbeknown to me, his wheels were just grinding to create another question that would make mommy, well panic…

While waiting to go inside for the Baby shower…he tests me again…

Colin: Well, Mommy, how did you get me?

Me: (Think, Think, Think, while pounding my head on the steering wheel) Oh Sweetie, God created you and gave you to us. (Yay, I was completely honest and could spare the details) When he was deciding who to give you to, he chose me and your daddy to be your parents.

Colin: Oh!!

Me: *sigh of relief* or so I thought!

PAUSE

Colin: Well, then did God name me?

Me: (easy) No, Darlin’, Mommy and Daddy carefully chose your name.

Colin: Well, I don’t like it!

EXIT THE VAN

I previously stated I thought the question stemmed from all the showers we had been attending, when now I truly believe that he really just wanted me to know that he didn't like his name. So with that being said, all I can think about is how I am now gonna be that parent, that receives a call on the first day of Kindergarten, because my son will explain to the whole class that “Boys have penises and Girls have vaginas”, all because I wanted to be honest, trustworthy, and not sugar coat anything for my children.

All thoughts and prayers will be accepted as I go through this trying time of being a parent of a “Kindergarten Cop” boy.

2 comments:

  1. You handled the best way. Always be truthful. Now wait for the phone calls. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute...You handled it well. Would be nice if there was a book that had all the correct answers. Expect anything and everything. When my mom was young, she decided she didn't like her name, so ob the first day of school, she told her teacher her name was Grace, (actually it was Marian). It was a small school back in the day and obviously records weren't passed on, or her teacher never thought to check, because she got away with it for the whole year. Her grandfather was a photographer and while he was at her former school taking new school photos, her former teacher asked him, "How's your granddaughter, Grace? I so enjoyed having her as a student." He looked at her rather baffled and said, "Thank you very much, but I don't have a granddaughter named Grace." "Sure you do, Grace Mynster, I had her last year." Well, the long and short of it was she decided she didn't like her name any more and changed it on her own. so just beware...

    ReplyDelete